Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Everybody cut footloose!

I. LOVE. FOOTLOOSE.

I am so, so serious. Here are just many of the reasons:

1. The lines: Jump back!

2. The scene where Ren defends the history and sacredness of dancing. "And David danced before the Lord. And doesn't Ecclesiates say, "There is a time to weep and a time for laughter; a time for mourning...and a time for dancing. And this is our time for dancing."
I actually tried using this in a friendly discussion with a high school classmate who said that he wouldn't be attending the Homecoming dance because it "leads to other things." I responded indignantly, "I have NEVER wanted to have sex with anyone I've danced with!" Anyway, when I said, "Didn't David dance to glorify the Lord?" He said, "Is that really why you're dancing?"
Okay...he had me there.

[back to the list]

3. The 80s! I just LOOOOOVE the 80s. And this movie is chock-full of it!

4. When Ren has a problem, he just "dances it out." (in an abandoned warehouse!)

5. The dancing.

6. THE MUSIC!!!

7. The memories...this movie always makes me think of Jena Hansen.

8. The theme song always makes me think of Pam. Please request that she do the dance for you.

9. Small town ignorance, religious fervor, teen angst, rebellious music & dancing...red cowboy boots - need I say more?

10. GLITTER ON THE DANCE FLOOR!

No comments:

Post a Comment