Saturday, March 21, 2009

I think I'm in love....

Wait for it...
wait for it....

Nope, it's not what you're thinking. =)
I think I'm in love with northwestern Wyoming. I'm in Powell, Wyoming for my second-cousin Julie's wedding. And I LOVE IT!
I am surrounded by mountains on three sides and wide open spaces stretching as far as I can see. My heart breathes out here. Big, deep breaths of satisfaction, wonder and peace.
The last two mornings I've stepped out of the house where we're staying and drank in the golden sunlight illuminating the plains contrasted against a gorgeous blue sky.
Beyond that, this is one adorable little town. I've been working on my research proposal in a coffee shop the last couple days...and I'm love with this place, too. =) I've sat in front of a big front window with a table all to myself while people come and go and chat around me. If you know me, this is my ideal study environment!
Have I mentioned the friendly people? This morning while preparing to begin work, I had two great conversations with random strangers. One guy even gave me a free personality assessment. After our short conversation, he said, "You're outgoing; you're still figuring out what you want in life; you're smart. I can tell by your handshake that you don't like two things: B.S.ers and liars. I also know that you know how to establish boundaries and you don't let just any one come in too close to you."

Yeah, I could live here. =)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! How fun. I'm glad you are having a good time.....but please come back!! Maybe when you go back to visit Wyoming, you'll take me with you....PLEASE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! I LOVE your new background BTW, where did you find it!!!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete